It’s not very scientific, but we took a poll of people we’ve featured on this blog to determine the most popular uses for our deck and dock boxes. Here are the results.
Over the last few months, we’ve featured a lot of DeckAndDockBoxes.com customers; and the top-quality polymer and marine-grade fiberglass boat boxes they’ve bought from us. We asked them, and many other customers, how they use their products and put together this chart based off what they told us.
Popular uses are:
- Boat Tools, Rope, Life Jackets: Unsurprisingly, the most popular use for our boat boxes is to store boating equipment! From rope, buoys and hooks to life jackets and flashlights, a boat box is the perfect place to keep essential equipment close at hand.
- Garden Furniture, Cushions: Our deck boxes are also highly popular on people’s decks and patios – used most commonly to store cushions, tiki torches and other garden items when the weather is inclement.
- Fishing Equipment, Rods, Bait: Our products are a fisherman’s friend; which is why they’re frequently used to store bait, tackle, fishing rods and other essential fishing equipment. We’ve even produced dock boxes specifically designed to hold fishing rods.
- Pool toys, inflatables: Another popular use for our products is by the pool. They’re great for storing pool toys, floaties and other equipment. Customers often choose our seat top boxes for this purpose; combining all-weather storage with poolside seating options.
- Pool cleaning equipment: Pool-cleaning chemicals and solvents can be dangerous, so the sturdy molded-in locks of our deck boxes make them a great place to store them away from kids and pets.
- First Aid Kit, Medical: Gauze and bandages are useless when they’re wet – and water can contaminate sterile equipment. That’s why our boat boxes – especially products like the small and portable Small Polymer Boat Box – are popular choices for first aids kits on both freshwater and seawater boats.
- Beer, Water, Beverages: They weren’t designed for this purpose, but both our polymer and our marine-grade fiberglass boat boxes make awesome coolers. Fill them with ice and water and you can chill bottles of beer, wine or water down in less than 30 minutes.
- BBQ tools and equipment: Lighter fluid, charcoal and grill tools can get messy; but with our deck boxes, you can keep them safe, secure, out of the elements and within easy reach when you fire up the grill.
- Exercise / gym equipment: A popular option in sunny places with frequent rain showers! Our deck boxes make the ideal place to safely and securely store weights, resistance bands and other fitness equipment outside – and products like our step top box can even be used during training.
- Other: From a puppet show to a used book dealer, we’ve discovered some offbeat uses for our boat boxes! They defy classification; but demonstrate how versatile our products are.
- Firearms: Hunters appreciate our deck and dock boxes because they’re a smart place to store firearms. From alligator hunters on the bayou, to woodsman storing their long guns, our dock boxes make sure they’re secure from theft, kids and the elements.